The next proposal deadline for the observing period July 1- October 31, 2021 is May 7, 2021 (23:59 Local Time).
In order to apply for time to use the Aristarchos telescope please fill out the application form. Applications for observation time can only be submitted via e-mail. The address for the submission is: proposal "at" astro.noa.gr. The e-mail should not exceed 10 MB and the subject of the e-mail should be "Aristarchos proposal". Questions related to submitting a telescope proposal can be addressed to the same e-mail by specifying "question" as a subject.
Should your application be larger than the e-mail limit, please replace the larger figures with URL links that point to those figures. The proposal will be sent to the relevant TAC as sent by the applicant, with the link to the URL included and it will be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the file will be easily accessible by the TAC members.
Anybody with an affiliation at a Greek institution can apply, regardless of nationality. Up to 20% of the available time will be awarded to applicants with affiliations other than IAASARS/NOA.
All proposals are judged and ranked solely on the basis of scientific merit by our TAC. OPTICON proposals are judged by the OPTICON TAC.
3. Due to collaboration agreements and commitments the RISE2 camera can be used for any project except for exoplanets.
4. There is no running or accommodation cost for the observers.
5. There are standard rides to the Observatory before and after each observing run. The visitor observers may be transfered by the observatory's vehicle but they have to inform us well in advance. Special rides are not available, it is the observer's responsibility to reach the Observatory on time. The visitor observer cannot stay at the Observatory before or after the observing run.
6. The Observatory does not provide meals to the visitor observers, only drinking water. It is the visitor observers' responsibility to arrange his/her meals. Note that before each observing run the observers may purchase food from the city of Kalavryta.
7. The observing period and the schedule could be affected by the recent COVID-19 epidemia.